Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Notes

Happenings
Ugh. Ellie and I have colds. Finally got her to sleep, but not without a call to 9-1-1 after she gave us a good scare -- a whole lot of vomiting and choking sounds. The 9-1-1 operator heard her over the phone and said I was right to have called with her doing that... But when the paramedics arrived and gathered around her, she calmly looked up at these big, intimidating, uniformed men, and said, "I did it!!" with a huge, Ellie grin. The one guy laughed and said, "Yes, you did! You gave us all a good scare and now have everyone's attention!"

I'm supposed to have them come back if she does it again. So far, so good. She's just a little extra clingy with me tonight but hanging in there...

I never imagined the emotional stuff to be the most challenging part of being a mom! I'm just glad the amazing moments outnumber the scary ones.

Quote of the Day
I think it's only fair that I give this one to Ellie for her impeccable timing and quick wit: "I did it!"

Listening To
Santeria, Sublime.
I don't know why... Just because, I guess.

Weather in VT
Sunny but chilly today! High of 57.

No comments: