Saturday, September 29, 2012

How to be Creepy...

Happenings
Just when I convinced myself it was safe to get out of the car (in the movie theater parking lot tonight), that no one would bother me, kidnap me, or steal my purse (been watching too much Investigation Discovery), this guy pulls up in a black SUV with tinted windows and comes to a screeching halt and rolls down his window when he sees me get out of my car.

Him: Hi, how are you?
Me: Fine.
Him: Can I park here?
Me: I think so... I don't think you have to feed the meter, after hours...
Him: Well, what did you do?
Me: I just parked here...
Him: Well, I'll do whatever you tell me to do... (big grin)

[Oh, good grief.... then I tell you to drive into oncoming traffic.]
Me: I think it's fine to park here...

And I walked away. 5 minutes later he's walking up the sidewalk with his daughter to take her to the theater to see Finding Nemo 3D and runs right into me.
Him: I, uh... (nervous laugh) um, you know, if I get a ticket from parking there, it's coming out of her college fund.
Me: Same for me and my daughter's...
Him: OH.... Ok.

[By the surprised look on his face, I can only assume that he finally realized he was kind of being a douche.]

After the movie, I got a text from Mark that E was acting really tired and wouldn't eat her dinner. I kind of panicked and rushed home to everyone being 100% fine. Never quite got to enjoy my relaxing dinner & a movie time. Ugh. Will try another time...

Oh, and I saw Looper. I liked it, but it has some cheesy parts... it's no Inception, but Joseph Gordon-Levitt does a great job, as usual! I give it one time-traveling thumb up! Aka, no thumb.

Quote of the Day
Blues Clues: Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me wanna wag my tail! When it comes, I wanna wail... Maiiiiillll!!!
Mark (singing along): When you get older, it's not that fun to get Maiiillll!!!

Listening to
Sanguine, The Avett Brothers

Weather in VT
Cold and drizzly... nice cuddly day!

No comments: