Friday, January 6, 2012

You Murdered My Logo!

It was Colonel Mustard, in the Study, with MSWord.

And that really is the source of the problem - someone with the title "Colonel" shouldn't necessarily be dabbling in Graphic Design.

So, since my motherhood experience has been slightly delayed (5 days overdue), I'm going to complain about something else that I feel equally annoyed about - crappy design.

Two days ago, I received a link to check out a website ad that a client created using my logo. I always cringe when I get that email, the one that indirectly says... "Hey, look how much I improved upon what you created!"

The new creation is always some degree of design awfulness. And to make matters worse, I don't have the balls to say, "Good Lord... what have you done?"

So, for illustrative purposes, let's just say this is what happened Wednesday:


















And my response: "Oh, wow... um. Okay. Nice one."

Ugh. Not even remotely close to what you should say when someone murders your logo.

2 comments:

Cheney said...

I found your blog today through Curly Girl, after finding her on iBlog4.me - just thought I'd let you know before you are like "Who's this?" But hey, you have a new reader. Your writing is honest and funny - and I am sure with that baby on the way, it will get even better. Good luck on that, by the way. I was two weeks early with my daughter so I don't have a clue what you are going through other than it probably sucks. I was 2 weeks early and I was still DONE by that point. Hope everything comes out well, if you know what I mean!

Unknown said...

Hi, Cheney! Thanks so much for writing! Glad to hear I have a reader out there! I'm still pretty new to doing this regularly, but am enjoying it so far. :-)

I see you have a blog too - will definitely follow you. Do you have a link? (Thanks for linking to mine!) I'm happy to return the favor.

I'm still pregnant as ever. I can't believe it... Though I surprisingly feel pretty well. You're lucky you went 2 weeks early, tho. The worst part is the anticipation and wondering just *when* she will come out! If not soon, they'll induce me Thursday. That should give me something to blog about... Haha!

Thanks again for reading! Keep in touch!
EG