Monday, January 2, 2012

How 365 Days Can Warp Your Brain

Well, no baby yet... I'm officially one day overdue.

New Year's was as exciting as it could be... being 9 months pregnant with a regular bed time of 9:00 pm. I took an afternoon nap so I could watch the ball drop.

Is it just me, or does the ball drop become less exciting each year? 365 days seem to warp my memory. By the time January 1st comes around again, I have this idea in my head that a holy disco ball the size of the moon is going to drop out of the sky with a firework display unlike anything known to man. The reality never lives up to my expectations.


















Similarly, my plan for a nice meal to celebrate the New Year turned into a heartburn-igniting dinner at the local barbecue house. (My favorite restaurant was closed.)

We came home and busied ourselves with what has become "the usual" over the last few days. I retired to the couch to watch Forensic Files and crochet. He played the new Star Wars PC game with his friends online. At 11:45, we tuned in to Times Square.

After the key chain disco ball drop and watching an excruciating .25 minutes of Cee Lo butchering Imagine, we turned off the TV and went to bed. [Side-Note: I miss John Lennon.]

I updated Mark on my crocheting progress - one complete potholder and three baby-blankets-in-progress. As I started to doze off, he updated me on his Star Wars progress. I giggled as he told me in an exaggerated nerdy voice, "I've finally attained a ship. It has sleeping quarters, a conference room, and a droid. He's like R2-D2. Well, no, more like C-3PO."

Here's to more exciting days to come...!

No comments: