Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dollar a Day

Me: Ooh, Ellie loves this song. I want to download it before I leave, so she can listen to it in the car.

Mark: You know, I've been thinking... We buy a lot of little things like that--a song for a dollar, the candy bar I bought yesterday, a cup of coffee. If we passed up those little things, we could save a dollar or more a day.

Me: But I'm getting two songs, because I thought that if I was buying one song, I may as well buy two. Ha!

Mark: Makes sense. (eye roll)

The moral of the story: A penny saved is a penny... your wife will spend on something shiny and cute!

4 comments:

Gina said...

My friend hates it when his wife tells himm how much she saved, not how much she spent...

Unknown said...

Hahaha! I always tell him first what I saved!

My friend's advice to Mark was to buy his lunch ingredients in bulk, so I could have shiny things.

My uncle's advice to me was to collect rocks.

krystle said...

Haha. My husband probably buys for useless things than I do. So when I actually want something he's more than willing to let me get it since lord knows I let him get whatever he wants lol.

Unknown said...

Haha!! I use that tactic too!