Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Notes

Happenings
Passed out in the kitchen today while making scrambled eggs... The excitement of both making eggs and scrambling them seemed to overwhelm me enough to make me fall over. I felt the familiar rush of blood to my ears, and the room started to spin, so I moved to a chair where I blacked out and woke up in a cold sweat. I called Mark and had him come home to take me to the doctor. Turns out I have a bad cold and developing sinus infection. Antibiotics for me unless I feel better tomorrow (fingers crossed)!

E seems to be doing okay, just some congestion. It was nice to have Mark home today. He got to spend some quality time with us, and I felt relaxed for the first time in awhile. I think God has a way of making us take a time-out occasionally. Turns out this miserable cold is just what I needed.

Mark taught E this cute little pat-a-cake game where he has her clap her hands, then hold her hand to her heart and say "I love you" and point. She does the clapping and pointing and is content thinking she has the entire routine memorized. She concentrates so hard, it's precious!

In other news, being sick has helped me advance in the literary sense! I have finished the classic work by E L James, Fifty Shades of Grey. Dickens would be proud. Seriously, though, what a terrible, awful, wonderful series. We could all use a good dose of not-too-poorly written smut once in awhile. I admit, I enjoyed following the lives of Christian and Anastasia. I just wish there was a little more flogging and a little less "I love you, Christian." "No, I love you Anastasia." "I know you do." Finally, he knows. "How do you know?" "I just do." I love you, Anastasia." "And I love you, Christian." Blech, I get it... you're both in love with each other...

Quote of the Day
As Ellie rolled over and leaned her head against Mark's chest:
Mark: I think she likes me.

Listening To
Tomorrow Will Be Kinder, The Secret Sisters.

Weather in VT
Sunny and warm today! At about 8:35pm tonight, Mark saw a huge meteor(?) fall out of the sky. He said it looked like the size of the moon. Other reports are coming in from around VT from others who saw it. A friend in Northfield said it stopped traffic on the road to I89.


No comments: