Monday, September 24, 2012

Speed

Happenings
Sometimes I feel like Keanu Reeves in Speed... "You pick up a baby from day care. As you're walking to the car, you smell something strange wafting out of her diaper. You feel a wet sensation on your arm. You're now in the middle of nowhere, with one wipe left, and no change of clothes. WHAT DO YOU DO?"

In this case, I changed her on the back seat, left her a tad poopy, but got a fresh diaper on her. I heated up the car a bit, took her out of her poopy onesie and put her in just her coat for the drive home. Her pants weren't too poopy, so I kept those on her for warmth. It was not easy... She's almost as long as the entire backseat. There were arms and legs flailing, and when I finally got her back in her carseat, I realized there was poop on the back seat. She got very upset that I took the time to clean it, so I had to explain to her that if we ever wanted to sell this car some day, we better keep it as poop-free as possible. Shit smeared into the faux-suede seats will not up the resale value.

Made it home to a pretty normal afternoon and evening with the fam, but I'm still exhausted.

E went down on her own (with pink bunny) tonight ... It was so sweet!

Quote of the Day
"Everyone feeling safe over here?" (huge grin) -Safety-Audit Sam at work today.
Me: What is this a 1950s public service announcement? I wish I had brought a flamethrower to work today just so he had something to write down in his little notebook.

Listening To
The Mountains Win Again, Blues Traveler

Weather in VT
Sunny, cold!!


No comments: