Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oooooh Baby! (in my best Little Richard voice)

This motherhood thing is just weird. Yesterday was so hard. She's changed so much this week that it feels like starting over with a new baby. I'm digging the nap routine day care set up (swaddle, binky, 2hr morning & afternoon naps = amazing), but when she's awake she needs us constantly. No more cuddling in the recliner. She tries to throw herself out of our arms to grab things she wants and wants to do everything we're doing including eating potato chips. My voice is hoarse from reading stories and singing old rock songs (She's obsessed with Little Richard. I mean, Mama's proud, but it seems a tad weird to be singing Long Tall Sally to my baby. And those "Oooh"s are exhausting!)

Mark almost broke down last night which freaked me out, because he never does. I'm sure it's just because we're both sick, I'm just back to work, and we're still new at this, but wow, we are done in. We both took turns last night getting her to go to bed, barely hanging onto each other for support. And just when I felt like I didn't have one more ounce of strength in me to sing one more lullaby, to rock her, to tell her everything was okay, she grabbed my hand and held it tightly. Okay, I'm yours. There's not much left for me to give (haha!), but it's yours.

No comments: