Friday, April 20, 2012

Time to Make the Donuts!

This Dunkin' Donuts guy, I swear... Today he told a customer wearing a chauffeur hat that he should wear a conductor's hat, because it would look much cooler.

I ordered my usual medium decaf coffee with milk and sugar. He just shook his head "no" at me and smiled playfully... I said, "No??!" And he laughed and said, "Wait, what do you want?" I told him again. He stretched (and flexed, I kid you not) and said, "Wow, I'm exhausted. Let me get this straight... See, this is what happens when you go to bed at midnight and get up at 2am."

So, just to recap my week: Wednesday he told me he's "workin' on his six pack." Yesterday he told me he wanted to buy adult feetie-pajamas. Today he playfully denied me coffee and told me about his insomnia. I know way too much about this guy's nocturnal habits. And, seriously, what are we playing at? I mean, I'm 29, have bags under my eyes, no makeup on, spit-up in my hair. He's probably 18 and does *not* have a six pack. We both know this isn't going any further than the Dunkin' Donuts counter.

And, today, when I finally had the opportunity to say, "Ugh... I'm exhausted too. My baby kept me up all night..." I didn't. You know why? Because I'm the female version of Clark Griswold. And (probably because I haven't been out of the house in 3 months) he is the male version of Christie Brinkley in the red Ferrari...

No comments: