Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pop Tarts

Remember in Yours, Mine, and Ours when Henry Fonda is grocery shopping with Lucille Ball, and he loads up on beer and says something like, "And these are for Dad..."?

That's how my husband feels about Chocolate Pop Tarts. It's his one guilty pleasure. The last few nights, while rocking E to sleep, he quietly opened his Pop Tarts and ate them right from the package cold.

Though it was something little, it made me realize all the sacrifices he's made for us. It was the equivalent of watching Henry Fonda put the beer back.

So tonight when he asked me, if it wasn't too much trouble, to hand him a package of Pop Tarts and the glass of milk he left in the fridge from the night before (that probably tasted like fridge funk by now), I toasted the Pop Tarts and got him a fresh glass of milk.

He said he was undeserving of such luxury (hehe), but we all know that's not true. Super Dad has been working full time and taking care of E while I'm still recovering. And I swear that, as our relationship takes a back seat to this week's obstacles, these little gestures of love will keep our marriage strong!

No comments: