Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Whatever Wednesday

Finding myself super inspired by the works of Emily McDowell today. Check out her blog, here. It's less about her (beautiful/funny) artwork and more about her approach, I think. She seems to make prints/artwork out of whatever inspires her, has fun illustrating them, and then sells them on her Etsy shop. This sounds like my kind of business model!

Also, she's using her Wacom Tablet to make some pretty gorgeous designs in Photoshop. Her technique is to draw her designs first then trace over them, I believe. I used to do that but found it kind of cumbersome with my old Wacom. I got a "new" one a few years ago and really haven't put it to the test! The black lines in mine and E's Battle of Land and Sea print were done with the Wacom, but I'm wondering how creative I can get with some new digital brushes. Next up! Trying some more Digital Doodling/Tangling (see previous post)!

No comments: