Friday, February 28, 2014

DIY Planners

This week, between card-making, grocery shopping, dinner planning, and (oh yeah) trying to raise an empathetic, sympathetic, caring, nurturing, and hilarious human being, I've been desperately trying to come up with a system for organizing my life. Conclusion: I reeeeally need a planner.

There are some amazing planners out there. Some of the BVTMoms suggested Erin Condren life planners (here). For $50, you can customize your planner and get all the pages and organizing stickers/supplies that you need. I love that idea, but can't afford it just yet. I'm also hesitant to spend money on planners in general, because, let's face it, I don't stick with one thing for long!

Other moms swore by Filofax (here), which looks to be about the same price. The outer cases look rugged and beautiful! Waaaannnt!

THEN. In my searches, I discovered the world (and I do mean WORLD) of DIY planners. Oh boy, is my crafty-brain twitching right now. I thought that maybe I would put together my own little planner in a cute, little notebook. I even thought about making a mini binder and creating some cute (and possibly doodled/zentangled) planner pages that I could share on my blog. "Wow, I'm so original," I thought! My crafting fantasy continued until I was basically swimming in a sea of beautifully designed pages, and every mom in the world was downloading my products on their journey to become more organized.

Yep. Me. Mrs. Organized. The mom who found her phone in the bread box two days ago (true story).

Regardless, as you would probably expect, hundreds (if not thousands) of creative 20-somethings and moms have already done what I have dreamed about. Yawn. Oh well, I can still make my own and share my own doodle/zentangle pages with you, and I will if I ever get organized enough to get around to making them, digitizing them, and uploading them to Etsy.

In the mean time, check out all these other incredible DIY planners:
Pinterest Search for DIY Planner
Etsy Search for Printable Planner Pages

Some I really loved:
Love How Earthy This One Looks
Bright Colorful One
Alegria Printables

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I hope you share what you come up with! I've been meaning to figure out a planner system for myself, too.