Sunday, August 18, 2013

What Are You Doing?/I Didn't Call You

Doggy Birthday Party!
Let's see if I can work 2 blog prompts into 1 post! That'll cover my weekend!

On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for a dog. So, that's what I was doing. Yup. Our local toy shop is run by a sweet older couple who have a dog, Isabelle (Izzy). E absolutely loves that dog. Any time I have to stop in for a birthday gift, she spends most of her time kissing and hugging her. The last time we were there, the owner told us about the birthday party, and I thought it sounded like a good event for us all.

Kim (Auntie Bee), of Pugs and Pics, joined us as she would never miss out on a dog birthday party, and we hadn't seen her in weeks. We got our faces painted -- flowers for the girls, and a pirate's eye patch for Mark. Later he tried to wash it off which resulted in his entire face turning black. He was the whitest black guy I'd ever seen.

There were also balloon dogs, a collar-making station, goodie bags, and a scavenger hunt. Outside we ate hot dogs, chips, and drank lemonade. It was very low-key and perfect for her age.

We brought E home for a nap, and Bee and I went out shopping, or "browsing" as I call it (until payday comes), though I did have some good finds at Goodwill.

When we got home, we took E to the Malt Shop for dinner and ice cream. Kim took a sexy pic of me nibbling on a sweet potato fry. She texted it my mobile number. Then she realized that the mobile number for me in her contact list was actually a really old number, and someone else received this gem of an image.

Oh, hello!
Not only had this person never called me, they had no idea who I was, well, that is, other than someone who really likes sweet potato fries. They quickly wrote back, "Wrong number." The fact that they actually took the time to write back is pretty impressive, I think. They obviously wanted to make sure that they didn't get the next image in the series.

We all laughed, ate some mango sorbet for dessert. Then we took E to the park. Even though it was late, I had promised her. She loved it, and it was nice to be out in the cool, late-summer evening, just before sunset.

The moon was rising above the mountains, and E was so interested in it. She had been rock collecting and was holding a particularly round rock in her hand. As she jumped and stretched to reach the moon, I told her not to worry, that some day she'd be able to reach it. I picked her up to help.

Then I told her how big the moon was, about 1/4th the size of Earth, but from here it looked much smaller. I took the round rock out of her hand and held it up to block out the moon. She took it back from me and did the same thing. I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and took her home to put her to bed.

It was a good day.

Want to join in the fun? Visit the Bloggy Moms' Blog Dare page!

No comments: