Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Art of Zentangle

Earlier this week, I stopped by M’s desk to chat. I noticed what I thought was a new print on her desk. She told me that it was “Zentangle” and that her sister-in-law had drawn it. It was really beautiful, so I of course started Googling it and am now hooked! I’ve done a few of my own, and I find it so relaxing and fun! I’m a doodler from way back and love to do intricate flower designs on ScratchMagic paper. The thought of doodling just for the sake of doodling, to make intricate patterns just to make patterns, no over-thinking, no pressure to complete a finished project… sounded wonderful!

So, now I’m officially a Zentangle master (in training). I’m hoping to save up for a book for some new pattern ideas, and just to have it in the house – I think E will love doing this soon! And what a great way to relax and just create!

In the meantime, I’m scouring the interwebs for ideas and loving just creating my own.

You can buy Zentangle packs with pattern ideas, fine-point pens, and shading pencils… but for now, I’m just using a fine tip Sharpie and index cards. I call it the poor-man’s Zentangle pack. I’ll post more of my designs this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More Zentangles!!