Friday, March 30, 2012

Super Dad

Today I got to see my husband do my job as a mom while I recover from surgery.

He was exhausted after little sleep and a full night of feedings. He spent the day feeding, playing, rocking, and loving sweet, little E. He even had to take her out to pick up my prescription with no help from me.

He did great, and it was obvious she felt completely happy being with him. She stared at him so lovingly, held his hand, laughed at his jokes, and was quickly comforted when he picked her up. She fell right to sleep in his arms at nap- and bed-time.

I was so impressed with him. He didn't just go through the motions, the logical feed, rock, change-diaper routine. He actually anticipated what she needed and worked diligently all day to keep her happy. He went well beyond sufficient parenting.

I feel so blessed to have a husband who can step in and be a mom to my baby. Her smiles make my recovery ten times easier!!

Love him!

No comments: