Friday, September 20, 2013

You've Got Mail!

Yesterday, E asked me if she could get mail. So, I thought it might be fun to make her a mailbox to check each day.

The Dollar Store is a great place to get craft supplies. I like to get stickers there for E, since she just loves sticking them everywhere. There's rarely a purpose to the placement, she just enjoys the simple act of sticking stickers. It's really a zen kind of crafting session.

So, today, I picked up 2 packs of teacher stickers (550+) for, you guessed it, $1.00 each!

Then, at T.J. Maxx, I found a little cardboard chest that was on sale. The handle was partially broken off, so I got an additional discount. When I got home, I just pulled the handle off, pressed down the raised cardboard where the handle had been, and covered the top with stickers. Voila! A mailbox! I filled it with a sheet of stickers, a glitter ball that she had forgotten she got at the store, and a little love note from Mommy. I can't wait until she checks her mail tomorrow!

No comments: