Thursday, April 4, 2013

Garbage Day!

My sweet little princess discovered the garbage truck today and, more than any beautiful pair of glass slippers or glamorous ball gown, she wanted to watch that garbage man collect loads of trash to take off to the dump.

As soon as she hears him (or any trucker) roll into our parking lot, she asks me to sit her up in the window to watch the daily loading and unloading.

So, today, we sat and watched the garbage man for a long time. It took so long for him to pack up the trash that I got bored and rested my head on the windowsill. E looked down at me, said, "Oh, Mama," and rested her head on mine, cheek to cheek.

I held onto that moment for as long as I could -- the calm before the toddler storm. And even after an incredibly hectic evening of temper tantrums and random screeching fits, I still found myself happily going through the motions of calming her down and putting her to bed.

Crazy little thing called love.

No comments: