Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Amen!

Happenings
Each night before bed, we say prayers, and E's favorite new word is "Amen!" She says it all the time -- after I order a pizza, when I tell her it's time for a snack, and when we brush our teeth.

She spreads that word around so happily, it makes me melt. And today, while repeating it, she carefully pulled apart a stack of heart-shaped post-its and filled the bathroom sink with them. It was like a screen capture from a cartoon, a literal representation of how I felt in the moment, so filled with love for this kid.

We had a normal afternoon, didn't get our usual long walk in, but were happy to have some drawing time and take advantage of the cheese pizza special at Jimmz tonight!

Before bed, I gave her a bath in the big tub for the first time. We always put her toddler tub into the big bathtub, but she's outgrowing it. She pretty much went insane with her bathing freedom. She slid around, splashed, jumped, and dunked her head under water. She stayed in for almost a half hour and cried when I told her to take one more splash, and that then we would have to get out.

She tried to make the entire bedtime routine longer. She does this by giving me lots of snuggles. She hugs me, kisses me on the forehead, nibbles on my cheek, and tucks her head against my neck. She's never been a super-cuddly baby, so I just soak up all the sweet baby cuddles and coo at her relentlessly. Mark rolls his eyes. "She knows exactly what she's doing," he insists. "I know," I smile giddily, nonchalantly, a goofy smile plastered on my face, not caring if bedtime is postponed indefinitely.

I finally put her to bed and wander out of her room humming Cinderella's "So This is Love..."

Listening To
Jump In The Line, Harry Belafonte

Weather in VT
Sunny but too cold! Come on, spring!

No comments: