Sunday, February 24, 2013

In the Light of the Moon

"In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf."

Every night before bed, we read E "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." I point to the little egg and the big moon.

Then I ask her, "Do you see the moon?" She points to the egg and says, "Moon!!"

From her bedroom window, the moon does look as small as an egg on a leaf. The moon on the page is too big. She says that's a "ball."

Yesterday, after shopping with my parents, we went back to the car, and I got her buckled into her carseat. She looked out the back window, pointed way up, and said, "Moon!!! Moon! Moon!!"

I put my head in the car and looked up out the back window. There was an old building behind our car that blocked out the sky. In the top-floor window was an orange glowing lightbulb.

I love seeing the world through her eyes.

I can't wait until she's old enough to understand how epically large the moon is, and I hope she can always imagine it in its simplest form -- to always be able to find it in a lightbulb or in an egg on a leaf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just loved this piece, Gretchin!