Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Curse

Don't forget to check out my post today for the BVT Moms Blog site, here! This week is all about sleep! I gladly shared a story about my anxiety-ridden first month with a newborn! And there are some other great posts out there from other moms!

------

In other news... there really isn't any other news. It's a typical Monday, and I have no motivation to write or do anything, really. It's your every-day post about nothing. Am I selling it, or what?

Here's what's going on in: E had an awful morning. She slept okay but woke up early wanting to use the potty, then not wanting to use the potty. She wanted to eat cream of wheat for breakfast but refused to eat most of it. Then when I finally told her it was time to get dressed, she screamed because she was "still eating," also known as "not eating."

I gave her a 5-minute warning. She spilled her milk and spread it across the table, so I moved her right on to getting dressed. I gave her plenty of time to do it on her own (her favorite thing to do right now), but she refused, so I dressed a very angry, screaming, thrashing toddler myself.

I let her put on her coat on her own, which made her happy for all of 5 minutes before she ripped it off, when I didn't "act surprised enough" after witnessing the miraculous event.

I mean, seriously, I gasped so loud I nearly passed out at the intake of air and in my highest-pitched voice said, "ELLIE!!!! OH MY GOSH!! YOU DID IT!!"

"Nooooo!!! Mommy, I want you be soo-pwised!!" she cried hysterically.

This is as "soo-pwised" as I get on a Monday. I'm sorry! I then had to get in the shower so that I wouldn't be late, so I told Mark to do whatever he had to do to get her out the door. Taking her out without coat, hats, and mittens was fine by me.

"But it's -11 outside!"
"So, she'll be cold. Wrap her in a blanket," I yelled as I got in the shower.

I just refuse to reward this behavior. I told her that I was sorry she was sad, that we could talk about it if she wanted to, but she was just beyond that point. Maybe later.

In the mean time, she's off to day care and went happily I found out.

My mind is swimming with some new projects... a children's book for E, some practice illustrations with some inspiration from Andrea Joseph's blog (here), and the fact that I didn't get my entry form in time to do the Baby & Child Expo in Berlin on the 12th. I'm going to try for another one in the summer. My schedule is full right now, anyway.

I'm kind of in a funk. I hope it's just a Monday thing. I want to just draw, just sketch, but I feel obligated to make it be something -- you know, something I can sell or build into a bigger project, and that entire obligated feeling is making me want to do absolutely nothing.

I'm behind on cleaning per Fly Lady's schedule, but I was happy to find out that this week is dedicated to Zone 5, the Living Room. I'm almost completely decluttered in that room, save one corner, so that makes me happy. I can't wait to get that room feeling more livable.

I'll keep you posted throughout the week, and I sincerely hope that your Monday is a happy one... or over quickly!

Much love,
G

No comments: