Friday, March 28, 2014

Before

Yesterday I started my 21-Day Fix Challenge. It was a bit of a rough start as you can see from my previous post.

In these moments of misery, I question everything I'm doing, my motives, and I tell myself things like, "I don't need to do this plan. I'm fine the way I am."

But really it's just me doubting my strength to change my life in a relatively simple way.

After my Pity Party post, I picked up E from day care, and it was beautiful outside. And by beautiful I mean that it was 28 degrees, sunny, and not sleeting. I had my writers' meeting and knew I wouldn't get home in time to do my workout. I'm on a strict bedtime routine (10pm), and I wouldn't be home until about that time.

So I decided to get in a quick run with Ellie. I'm so glad I did. It completely cured my 'blah' mood, gave me energy, and motivated me to keep up with this plan. This morning I wasn't sick, wasn't bloated, and felt a million times better.

I even had Mark take my "Before" pic. Our conversation went something like this...

Me: Can you take a quick pic of me?
Mark: Sure, here you go.
Me: Why is my belly-button squished?? Can you take another one?
Mark: Sure. Here.
Me: Can you take it lower, so I don't look like my upper belly is hanging over my lower belly?
Mark: Are you serious?
Me: Try it with the flash on.
Mark: I can't believe you. Are you going to be late?
Me: This is more important!!
Mark: Here. I'm done.

Ta-da! It'll have to do!

No comments: