Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Old Dirt Road

Kim has been requesting this song for awhile, and I just haven’t gotten around to recording it… until now!

As most of you know, I had bad anxiety during my pregnancy, and it always piqued while I was driving. The only thing that helped was singing. To this day, when I sing to my now two-year-old, she gets quiet, stares at me, and waits to see which song I will sing next. Yesterday, she even brought me my ukulele while I was sitting on the toilet, God love her.

Two years ago, our favorite pregnancy car songs were usually She Loves You (which she sang back-up ‘yeah yeah yeah’s for at 4-months old!), the Alphabet Song (which she mastered at the age of 1!), and Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Every time I got in the car mid-winter, with my huge pregnancy belly, I would tap my heels together to get the snow off and found myself whispering, “There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home…” So, that was a natural third choice.

And, of course, I wrote this one – Bump, Bump, Bump, or Old Dirt Road as I sometimes call it -- not to be confused with John Lennon's sweet, little song by the same name. Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! My favorite ever!