Sunday, March 24, 2013

Family Time

I don't know what to write about lately... The latest plague -- the famed upper respiratory virus -- just went through our house. What a nightmare that was! I'm left feeling tired, worn out, and fed up.

Still, my apartment is up to this mama's cleaning code, and E is happy and has made a full recovery!

She's saying every word imaginable right now. I'm in awe of her every moment. She's memorized most of her books, after reading them only a few times and shocks us by saying words like "zucchini," "butterfly," and "temperature" so clearly.

The other day she asked me for some milk. When I got it for her, she said with such sincerity, "Thank you, Mama!" I melted. She gives the best hugs and kisses, loves to be with us, and is a real little member of the Strange family.

She seems to have my goofy sense of humor, too. She makes silly faces and laughs at every strange thing I do. I love having a little audience who clings to my every word and dances to every song I sing. Hide and seek is a favorite game right now, in every form -- whether it's peeking out from under a blanket or chasing me out of my hallway hiding space.

I feel like I've known her my entire life. I keep having these strange déjà vu moments, where I remember that years ago I had a dream about being in this apartment with her. Somehow I just knew that she existed, but being by her side now is like being in heaven. The rest of the world just fades away. There is no bad in our corner of the universe -- just our sunny little moments spent sneaking up on each other, laughing, and smushing our faces together.

God is great, and life is good.

No comments: