Friday, October 5, 2012

Crockpot Love Poem

Happenings
Today was just a regular day... Except that, I'm in love with my crock pot. I can't even begin to explain to you how much I love that thing. Tonight I made our favorite meal (meatloaf) in it (see the glorious pic on Instagram). So, tonight I think I'll express my crockpot love in a poem!!


When the house is cold, and my love is working late,
When my home is so dreary, I question my fate,
I lift up my chin and say, "You know what?!"
I think I'll make love to my dear, old crockpot!

It's not the kind of love making with tender caresses,
But one of peeling veggies and measurement guesses!
Then a broth starts to brew, and my worries I've forgot,
For I've poured them all into my dear, old crockpot!

In ten minutes flat, I've made something of a stew,
I've added my entire pantry, and some other things too:
I've filled it with love, fears, dreams, and sweet wishes,
And, if anything cooks long enough, it's delicious!

When my husband comes home, the house smells so sweet,
His eyes grow wide, his belly aches with defeat!
He asks me, "What did you make? Did it cost a lot?"
"Only five dollars, for I've used my crockpot!"

When it comes to cooking, I'm somewhat of a beginner,
But my crockpot and I can make a candlelit dinner!
Green beans, squash, chicken, melon of honeydew,
Just throw it in the crockpot, and call it a "stew."
  
Quote of the day
Me (before hanging up the phone): Wait...
Mark: What?
Me: I just... wanted you to know that I know that I'll never meet anyone in my life like you.
Mark: Aww, that's so sweet... you know, I feel the same way about you.
Me: You do?? But I feel like I'm just crazy half the time...
Mark: Well, that's what I mean! :-)

Listening to
Hey Jude, the Beatles

Weather in VT
Cold, rainy, overcast -- foliage!

No comments: