Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letting Go

Little E is finally transitioning out of my arms and into her own bed to sleep at night.

What scares me most about this transition? -That I didn't notice how uncomfortable she was sleeping in my arms now that she's gotten bigger. I ignored it, because I felt she was safest with me, holding and watching her.

And while that may be entirely true, it's not what's best for her. This must be one of the hardest things to deal with as a parent - the struggle between what is best versus what is safest.

And the really scary thing? What I feel is safest may not be safe at all. It's the foundation of all my anxiety - fear of the unknown.

It's probably good that I'm realizing this now, at the crib stage... On the other hand, I'm freaking out about it now... and we're only at the crib stage.

No comments: