Friday, December 19, 2014

Ho Ho Holy Crap! It's Almost Christmas.

Hello again, dear readers! I just realized that YMIS is going to be 3-years-old in a few weeks! I can't believe it! This was one of my first posts (here) that I wrote 12 days before having Ellie! It's nice to be able to go back in time and read about my new-mom experiences here!

Anyway, Christmas is fast-approaching, and I'm as organized as I'll ever be. Most the toys and toast crusts have been picked up off the floor. Mark has been on dish duty, and I've been following Ellie around with a mop and broom.

Therefore, our house is livable, I've picked up Ellie's ToysRUs layaway. I've finished one true-crime book, one true-haunting book, and am halfway through another fiction mystery. I've made almost all of my homemade Christmas gifts, Ellie has had a bath this week, hair washed, in a ponytail, nails cut and painted.

We have snow tires on both vehicles, have solidified holiday plans, and my anxiety is manageable. I even helped manage our company's sponsor-a-family donation collection this year, for 2 families! We delivered the gifts yesterday, and it felt GREAT to know we were helping families have a brighter holiday this year.

I mean, you know, I'm behind on design work, haven't finished all my homemade Christmas presents, haven't wrapped a thing, am totally NOT doing yoga, and I never did get our Christmas cards out (there's still hope!). But you know what? I'm focusing on the things I have done! Yay me!

Elle is super excited about Christmas this year, which is making it SO fun. Her little stuffed snowman has been bringing her Hershey kisses or M&Ms every morning, and she's so happy to get up and check her advent calendar.

I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning, when she gets to open the presents we got her. The other day, Mark was driving her to day care, and she said, "I just want to sit here and imagine it's Christmas."

And, each morning, she asks... "Is today Christmas?" When the day finally arrives, it is going to blow. her. mind. Stockings and candy, yummy food, and presents. Every kids' dream! And yeah, family togetherness, and all that jazz too! The holidays are magical.

As you probably know by now, if I'm quiet over the next few weeks, you can find me over at the BVT Moms Blog. Stay tuned for a post entitled Documenting Life -- all about how I came to terms with what I could and couldn't do under the pressure to preserve memories and take millions of photos of my kid AND some great resources for preserving memories!

We're also making TONS of art! Check it out in Our Gallery on the ArtSourceVT page.

If you don't hear from me before next year, have a wonderful holiday season, and thanks for another wonderful year!

No comments: