Monday, October 20, 2014

Two Weeks

Oh, dear readers. Has it really been 2 whole weeks since I've posted?

It must be, because our countdown-to-Florida-vacation chain has only 17 links left on it, and my Minnesota business trip is 2 days away!

Ellie is decked out in her Halloween costume and has already been the star princess at two Halloween parties. Where did my baby go?

I still don't feel used to this full-time schedule, though I'm more awake this week. I still roll out of bed as the sun is coming up and pray for five more minutes of sleep.

My little girl is growing up so fast, and suddenly I feel like I'm missing big moments. Always a give and take. Picking her up two hours later shouldn't be the end of the world, but it is hard some days. There isn't much time to play together, so I include her in dinner prep and all art projects. We run errands together more often.

We're closer in this way, surviving together, but she's growing up too fast. I can take her anywhere. I took her to the mall last week, let her eat dinner at Applebee's. Though the woman behind us seemed less than pleased to have a toddler sitting anywhere near her, Elle was an angel. She climbed up in her chair, unfolded her napkin, and said, "And how was your day, Mommy?" Oh, my heart. Too grown up. Slow down, sweet baby. I felt better after, when she insisted on riding in the mall cart that looked like a schoolbus, insisted she ride the mini carousel, and said, "Okay, Mommy, now just chase me in circles." I did, and she laughed her head off, much to the delight of the last few mall shoppers, headed toward the exit as the mall closed.

It seems like there are so many new things to write about, but I don't know where to begin. I'll update again soon. Promise.

-----------

If you're really missing me and E and our daily updates, you can always find us hanging out on Instagram and Twitter (@urmomisstrange). Our Facebook page mainly just has blog updates, but follow if you're worried you might miss one! :-)

Of course, I also blog for the BVT Moms Blog (my posts here -- stay tuned this week for a sweet E post), and we are busy, busy keeping up with the KidsArtSourceVT site, making connections in the community and, of course, making ART!

As always, thanks for reading!
G


No comments: