Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Recovery

E listened really well this weekend, and I listened too.
We ended the weekend with a treat -- sharing a frozen yogurt at Yogurt City! Had to add some doodles, too!

This Monday is really overwhelming me. I have so much to do just this morning, but I had to take a quick break to just write. Maybe a little time-out will help.

We had a great weekend with my parents. We kept busy this trip, but it was nice to spend so much time out and about in this beautiful weather. We went to Burlington to the ECHO Center (courtesy of our library's pass, yeah!), had lunch on the lake, and swam in the hotel swimming pool where my parents were staying. On Saturday, we got to go across the lake to see my grandma, aunts and uncles, cousins, and their kids. More pool time, then home for our town's early Independence Day celebration.

We had planned to just go to the fireworks. Last year E didn't really notice the carnival they had set up in the field nearby, but this year, about a half-mile away, she saw the glowing rides and white peaks of the prize tents and said, "Mommy, what's that?" I explained that it was a carnival with rides. She replied, "For me!?" "Um, well, yeah..."

She insisted on driving the train!
"Let's take a look," she said.
And as we got closer: "Let's take a closer look."

Luckily they were close to shutting down before the fireworks, so we got in for free, and she had a great time doing the more toddler-appropriate rides. She tackled all of them like a champ. The fireworks scared her a bit, so we sat in Auntie Bee's car, which muffled the noise, and she loved it.

Yesterday we spent some time with Mark's family, and now we're heading into the biggest celebration of the year (well, maybe second to Christmas) -- the 4th of July! The festivities are multiplied, because we also have 3 birthdays this week -- Bee's, Mark's, and my sister's! Always a fun time!

Also, stay tuned this week and throughout the summer as I roll out some more fun doodle activities! I'll try to section off a corner of the blog for doodle stuff, so we can all participate via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram!

No comments: