Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little Shopper

How do I describe the cuteness that is shopping with my daughter? She was so particular about what she put in her kid-cart, and she was determined to buy things like pepperoni and Italian bread. She must have been channeling my father's shopping list.

Due to the fact that payday isn't until next week, and I had already done our weekly shopping on Sunday, I had to make her circle the store again to put back most of her groceries.

When I calmly explained this to her, she let out a blood-curdling scream, ran off pushing her cart, yelling at the top of her lungs, "Never... never! NEVER!!!"

Gotta love that toddler will power! I caught up with her and told her that she could keep pushing the cart around but that we needed to organize our purchases and put some things back. I grabbed some tea, and I let her buy her cherished two-dollar box of mini cupcakes. She could have one after dinner.

"You can put your tea in my cart," she offered.
"Thanks, bubby."

She pushed her cart to check-out, paid for her items, and put the cart back all on her own.

Of course, on the way out, she noticed that someone had returned "The Car." The Car is that shopping cart that has a car on the front, and she is obsessed with riding in it. It's the only reason she'll ever willingly go to the supermarket. She begged me to bring her back in the store for "one more loop" in the The Car. One loop turned into four, of course, but we made it home in time to start dinner and settle in for the evening.

Life is moving pretty slowly nowadays, but I think I'm finally adjusting to this new "hurry up and wait" toddler stage.

Also, if you haven't read my latest post on the Burlington VT Moms site, check it out (here)!

No comments: