Monday, May 20, 2013

Is it normal for birds to...

Photo by Kim J. Gifford
Is it normal for birds to fly with your car? Like, for a half mile?

This has happened quite a few times since I've had E, and I can't figure out why. I've never seen anything like it before. They hover beside or about 10 feet above the car and fly with us. It's so distracting to look out your window and see a bird... flying beside the car.

This morning I thought that E was communing with nature spirits... and that the birds had been sent to guide her safely into adulthood when she would assume her title as the Kingdom of Vermont's First Queen of the Feathered Brethren -- and accept her duty to serve and protect her winged friends...

BUT... I decided that it was probably just her screeching in the backseat combined with me nearly swerving off the road. Our white Nissan probably looked and sounded like a giant, awkward swan trying to take flight.

CAW-CAW!!
EEEEEeeeeeek!!!


Me: Why, God...!?

No comments: