Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bumbo Seat Recall (Also, don't be an idiot.)

From the Salt Lake Tribune: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/
money/54703711-79/bumbo-seats-floor-babies.html.csp
In the News - Bumbo Seat Recall

I will be the first person to admit that I've made mistakes as a mom. No one is perfect. For example, I once put Ellie in her car seat and forgot to buckle her in.

I noticed when I looked in the rear view mirror before driving off and almost passed out. She's only 7 months old now, and I'm sure there are many more mistakes to come.

I also know my limitations and ditsy, frazzled mind. Now every time I get in the car, I run through a quick mental checklist. Keys. Purse. Phone. Baby. Buckled.

I do not take any unnecessary risks. I know I'm distracted by shiny things, so I make sure my baby is secure in any situation where I might be distracted.

In other words, I'm kind of stupid, but I'm not an idiot. I think it's common sense that you should never trust your child to not fly out of any device. Don't underestimate them, and don't put them up on any raised surface without holding onto them.

The fact that Bumbo had to put a restraint on a device that's simpler than a toilet seat is absurd. Just like you wouldn't take a crap in a toilet on a second-story ledge, don't put your child in this on a table top.

Capisce?

Share your thoughts?

No comments: